I LOVE breakfast. Yes, I would eat breatfasty-foods morning, noon and night if I could, and despite being quite loyal to the banana-honey or berry-maple syrup oatmeal combos, this mouth-watering concoction by Nutritionist in the Kitch is one I gotta try.
You will need the following:
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1-2 packets stevia (or 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, depending on sweetness preferred)
- ¼ cup raw shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut (plus a little extra for garnishing)
- 1 tablespoon raisins (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover the mixture and place in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, stir and add in 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk or water.
- Reheat then garnish with shredded coconut, raisins, nuts, a dash of cinnamon, and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.